Tuesday, March 10, 2009

URGENT PRAYERS FOR DEANA!!!

Deana readmitted to the hospital - prayers needed

Please take a moment to send up a prayer for healing on Deana's behalf. Her little boys, Zane and Zach, need their mother.

Hi everyone,
Deana's back in the hospital today after being discharged last night. She is more comfortable at this moment, but was not so this morning. I had to call an ambulance as she collapsed from exhaution. When we got to the emergency room, she was diagnosed as septic and the doctors believe she has pneumonia as well after comparing x-rays from just 2 days ago to today's. Rather scary seeing her condition deteriorate in less than 12 hours.
Deana is in intensive care and is being cared for around the clock. Doctors told me that she will be in ICU for at least 24 hours and possibly longer.
Deana's parents are en route and will be here in just about a day.
I hadn't left her side today at all but to make phonecalls to family, and was eventually kicked out of ICU due to non-visitation hours. I took Deana's advice and have since returned to our hotel (It's about a 5 block walk). I will be back at her side, first thing in the AM.
I no sooner arrived in my hotel tonight that I got a call from the hospital. It was Deana's nurse who relayed to me that Deana asked that I bring her laptop tomorrow. I laughed I was so relieved. Here Deana is, in ICU, and wanting her laptop. So strong, that's our girl.
The boys are doing just great at home. Thank you Kelley for helping out tonight. And happy birthday, Jodie!!
Thank you all for keeping Deana in your prayers, we cherish them and FEEL them. We are neither giving up nor in to this cancer.
All our love,
Jack

No comments: