Thursday, January 29, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
(Notice all the fingerprints on them.)
The nose is still running at break-neck speed. The eyes are still weepy. Every time I wipe her nose, she has a coughing spell. Not sure how those 2 things go together. When the dripping starts, she comes a-running.....
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Head on over to:
My friend, Marnice Crawford Smith owns this little bakery in Franklin, TN and she wants you to come see her! Matter of fact, next time I'm up that way, I'll be stopping in too!!! My mouth was watering just looking at the pictures!!!
Anywho.....just thought I'd give my friend a little plug....go check her out and pass it along to your friends!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Me: Nite Nite NeeNee(she calls herself NeeNee or Nydney)
Syd: Nite Nite Mommy, Wub You! (Nite Nite Mommy, I love you!)
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
You can read about Abby's family by clicking the link on my sidebar.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
This photo alone almost sent me to my knees.....
the raw emotion and the sense of "FINALLY"...
not to mention the love these two share....WOW!!
Erica, Aaron, Jack, Carter and Clara Hammond
A Family At Last!!!!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Let me start by saying that I am so insanely thankful that Alan's employer has a SIZEABLE adoption assistance re-imbursement!!! So thankful, there are no words.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
3 - 64oz jugs of Motts Apple Juice
(in store coupon for $1.59 each...regularly $3.59....limit 3)
1 - OneTouch Ultra 2 Glucose Monitor
(Sunday newspaper coupons - $30.00 off coupon - on sale at Walgreens $29.99...was $69.99)
(The meter is for my Dad's work car so he doesn't have to keep switching)
1 - Pack "Feminine Products"
(In store coupon $3 off of $6.99)
1 - 40ct Diapers
(In store savings $5.49)
2 - 240 count Melatonin
(BOGOF -- $11.99 for both)
2 - Garnier Fructis Shampoo
2 - Garnier Fructis Conditioner
(In store coupon $2 off each; 99 cents each)
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Being bashful after her cut.......
Sydney with my sweet friend Christina
Friday, January 2, 2009
Stirring the soup..............
Smelling the soup.....
Looking cute with a spoon.....
"I SAID I WAS THE BETTER COOK, YA HEAR ME?!?!?!?"
2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Don't make any but this year, I just might!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my sister and there were many adoptions too
4. Did anyone close to you die? NO
5. What countries did you visit? Guatemala
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Attending church and getting plugged in - We joined a new church a couple months ago.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? FInally bringing my daughter home from Guatemala
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Deciding to stay home with my kids!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being in church like we should be!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yep, ruptured a disc in my back and had surgery in July
11. What was the best thing you bought? Plane tickets to GC to pi ck up Sydney
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? AJ was inducted into National Junior Honor Society in the spring of 7th grade
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Hmmm not going to say but the Lord and i know..
14. Where did most of your money go? Guatemala
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Christmas with all 3 kids at home!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "I Will Praise You In This Storm"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? Fatter
richer or poorer? POORER!!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating junk
20. How did you spend Christmas? WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY IN THE USA!!!
21. What on-line users did you meet? Adoptive Families in Guatemala - not sure how many or exactly who
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? Not sure what this means......
23. How many one-night stands? Nope - happily married
24. What was your favourite TV program? Exreme Home Makeover
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? This question will go unanswered
26. What was the best book you read this year? Didn't read much this year
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I really found that I like Taylor Swift
28. What did you want and get? My baby girl home!!
29. What did you want and not get? nothing that I can think of
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Not sure - Yes, Man was really funny!!!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 35...OMG middle 30's! I went to California for Mommy Weekend with 25 girlfriends 2 weeks after my b'day.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Finally getting my daughter home
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Comfort,Comfort
34. What kept you sane? my laptop
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None!!
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Politics in general
37.Who did you miss? not sure
38. Who was the best new person you met? Too many to name!!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008? If God brings you to it, He *WILL* bring you through it!!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining
As the thunder rollsI barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth