Thursday, December 4, 2008

HOLY TANTRUMS BATMAN!!

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!

FAR FAR FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!! Between the 3 1/2 year old GT and the 2 year old GT, I'm going to end up in AA!!!!! Seriosuly, it is such a good thing that I AM NOT A DRINKER!!! Holy toledo!!


So, GT1 started the whole attitude thing well before GT2 came home and it's gotten progressively worse in the past 2 weeks. During one of his little tirades the other night at bedtime, he even HIT Alan. It's to the point where we're taking him directly to his room when he starts a fit. No passing Go, no collecting $200!!!! When you cool your jets you can rejoin the family...... OY VEY!!


And then there is GT2 today.....OH! MY! LORD! Let's see, it all started at 5:30am when she woke up and was screaming for me. Not calling me but SCREAMING. Not sure what happened. She's never done that before. In return she woke up GT1....not good! Once the 2 of them are up, well, it's CHAOS. Between 5:30am and 8:00am, I believe I counted 6 fits between the 2 of them. Thankfully, Alan took GT1 to school but that still left me with Miss Wildcat!!!

If I wasn't jumping at her every last whim she would throw a rip-roaring, t-totaling, flinging herself around like a ragdoll fit!!!! And those that know me IRL know that this kind of thing simply does not fly with me......AT ALL!!! So, when she would NOT settle, she got a crib timeout. The tantrums have decreased drastically for her but I know when she sees Luke get all wigged out, like he did at dinner tonight, it sends her to the moon too.

So, tonight I was here at the blog, writing my previous post. My only real down time alone all day. When I would not pick her up and let her play with the keyboard, she went into a full blown 25 minute rage! A rage that even shocked Alan. I think he saw what kind of day I had and why I needed the break!!! :-)

So, any suggestions on how to get this to end?



5 comments:

Bill and Melodie said...

start drinking???

Valerie said...

Sorry I don't have any suggestions, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. We have a almost four yr. old GT and a 19 month old GT. My 19 month old can scream like no other. It will actually make our ears ring! We just use the timeout step and ignore them. Let me know if you come up with anything else.
P.S. I hear you on the wanting a drink!

Michelle Smiles said...

Wow...makes my morning sound positively serene (and it doesn't feel even slightly serene). Hang in there - hope it calms down.

Cheryl said...

I agree with the everyone else...start your day with a strong mimosa and follow it with a frozen concoction every hour or so!

For real though no advice just stay strong and firm!

terri s said...

I'm like you, Mama don't play. I am old school. I don't have any advice, except to stay strong. Step away, breathe, count to 10.

The screams in the night might be night terrors. Waking up in a bed she still is not familiar with. At least she is screaming FOR you instead of screaming AT or to get away from you. She is making some progress.

I would agree that GT1 is probably revving up her engine. "If it is OK for him to trantrum, then it must be OK for me to tantrum." (I know you don't think it is OK.)

Hang in there, and go drink a "mocktail."