Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wow....

Tonight I was reminded that Luke and I do NOT look alike. Typically, I don't pay much attention to it since I am wrangling two kids. However, tonight I went to Wal-Mart....just me and my little man. As we walked into Wal-Mart, several people looked back and forth between us. You could tell they were processing us...or maybe they thought he was just too cute....heck maybe they thought I was just *H*O*T*!!! Hehehe.....anyway, I often forget that he doesn't favor me. He doesn't favor Alan. He doesn't favor Aaron.
Luke favors Sydney because they come from the same place.....my heart.



2 comments:

Tonya Boster said...

I know exactly what you mean. I forget sometimes that my Guatetot doesn't look anything like me or my husband; she just looks like her beautiful self, my daughter.
I laughed to myself one time when I thought about my very pale red-headed husband takes Arabella somewhere by himself. I know they look at him and then at her and think he must be married to a really beautiful Latino lady.

Too funny!

Tonya

Carla said...

While I *know* that Katie is Chinese, and I do see that she has Asian features...to me, she's just my daughter. I forget that OTHERS don't recognize us as Mother and Child. So, many times, she's wandering around about 3 feet from me and people stop her to ask where her Mommy is. LOL She looks at me all confused.

I forget that aspect of international adoption all of the time.