Friday, June 26, 2009

Update on Alan's Mother

HI ALL......
Just a quick update from South Alabama..... We arrived around 9am today and have been at his parents home most of the day. We were able to check into the hotel around 1:30pm and catch some sleep. That helped all 5 of us.
Faye is not well at all and Hospice feels that it will only be a matter of days. Our hearts are so heavy right now but at the same time we rejoice in knowing that she will be with her SAVIOR and LORD soon. Out of all pain and 100% whole again! We praise JESUS for HIS sacrifice so that WE may have ETERNAL life!!
My sweet hubby is holding up pretty well but family members that are coming and going...not so much. They know that this is probably the last time they will see her EARTHLY body. Pray especially for our cousin Cody. Faye is "Auntie"(aintie) to him and she is his favorite on earth!! Cody(wife Jen & daughter Caylee) had a really hard time saying "good bye" during his visit today.
My heart aches to watch them leave...
Please pray for a peaceful passing of our sweet Faye and comfort/strength for my family. This is by far one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. My eyes fill with tears in an instant......




2 comments:

Lund7 said...

I'm so sorry. I am keeping you all in my prayers! I know it is such a difficult time. Just cherish what time you have left with her.

How is your friend Deanna doing?

~Isabel said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about Allen's mother but i'm glad that you and your family are there. Hospice is a fantastic, supportive group run by angels here on earth...they will take care of your Mother-in-law and the whole family.

Praying for her and your family...